OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Has text formatting changed in a Note Window?
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Support
Has text formatting changed in a Note Window? Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:39 am  •   #13982
xltrader100

Was something changed in 4.11.1 to the way text is formatted in a Note Window? It's very difficult now to get one long line of text without the line extending itself out to double its length with the gratuitous addition of spaces. If I try to delete the spaces, it wraps the text into two lines. I can't get one line unless I include the spaces. It's ok out to about 20 characters, but after that it wraps. Also, it's only the first line of text where this happens. After the first line, the rest can be of any length without adding multiple spaces.

This started just after I installed Mojave, and it affects existing text as well as new entries. Many of my labels (on a LOT of Pages) are now spread out to double their former length and can't be put right. Please help!
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:47 pm  •   #13983
xltrader100

I found a work-around for this. The problem affects only text that is all on one line at the very top of the Note Window, is over 20 characters long, and includes at least one space. If no space then there's no problem, but if the text includes a space then the next character after ~20 will cause the text to wrap.

Here's a fix for existing labels that are now stretching out to twice their former length.
1 - Put the cursor in front of the first character of the text, and hit Return. This will insert a new empty line above.
2 - Double click anywhere in the new empty line to select it.
3 - Hold down Cmd-minus to repeatedly reduce the font size (and so the line height) of the selected line #1 until a series of beeps tells you the limit has been reached at Size 1 (essentially invisible).

Nothing changes visibly, but the text is now on line #2 and no longer at the very top of the Note Window, and so it no longer has the problem and will revert to its former formatting.
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Support
Jump to: