OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Help needed to fix the analog control on my Rumblepad 2.
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Support
Help needed to fix the analog control on my Rumblepad 2. Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:05 pm  •   #383
Martinmarx

Hi folks. New to mac as well as to ControllerMate. Although a brilliant product indeed I'm having problem switching my viewing function from the hatswitch button to my analog control. Unfortunately the hatswitch viewing settings (as listed in the help section of this website) doesn't allow for sufficient sensitivity when playing, for instance, Call of Duty 2 (virtually making it impossible to aim accurately at the enemy while at the same time being exposed to enemy fire). I've tried various ways to get the analog control to function but am at a loss as to how to get a full 360 degrees + up/down viewing function. Any help highly appreciated.
Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:21 pm  •   #384
Ken
Developer

Hello Martin, I just sent an e-mail off. If you have questions about it (and I'm guessing you will), let me know and we'll work through it.

-Ken
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:31 pm  •   #385
Martinmarx

You're a star man. I'll check it out and get back to you (via PM?) if need be.
Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:04 pm  •   #511
brianw

Ken,
Great idea and great product! Very Happy I recently downloaded ControllerMate and like the possibilities I see. I haven't registered yet because I want to make sure I can configure it to do what I'd like to do with it.

I have a question similar to Martinmarx's. I would like to program my Xbox 360 wired controller to use with Call of Duty (1) and Call of Duty:United Offensive. I have had some success so far, but I cannot figure out how to program the look left/right function on the controller. I was able to set the look up/down by changing the default within the game to the number keypad instead of the mouse. I also had no problem with the move front/back/left/right commands (normally W,S,A,D). Can you provide any help via e-mail or here on the forum for the look commands in particular? I haven't gotten into the weapons commands yet, but I "should" be able to figure those out. Any help would be much appreciated and I will glady register if what I'd like to do is possible! I would love to be able to use the 360 controller's analog sticks for the movement and look functions if possible, but as of now, I've just used the D-pad and X & A face buttons.

Thanks for your hard work.

By the way, I am running OS X 10.3.9.
Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:55 pm  •   #512
Ken
Developer

I think the look function is the most difficult to program, partly because it is quite subjective. Settings that feel "right" for one person may feel completely "wrong" for someone else.

In ControllerMate, probably the best way to do the look function is to create a virtual mouse, and then use values from the thumbsticks to control the virtual mouse. Mac OS X 10.3.x is going to be a little limiting because you won't be able to create a custom mouse acceleration curve for the virtual mouse. Under Mac OS X 10.4, you would be able to create a custom acceleration which would make it easier to fine-tune the mouse response.

Basically, you need to create a virtual mouse (the default settings are fine), and then connect its axes to the axes on the Rumblepad. It would look something like the following:

This particular setup has the vertical (Y) axis setup to be less sensitive than the horizontal (X) axis. There is an example of a Joystick Mouse which shows step-by-step how to connect joystick axes to virtual mouse axes.

The above example might be a good starting point for you. There will definitely be some trial and error to get the virtual mouse to "feel" right.

Let me know if this helps.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:58 pm  •   #513
brianw

Thanks for the quick reply Ken! I will take a swing at it and let you know how it goes.
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Support
Jump to: