OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Controller Types
Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:17 pm  •   #3939
Ken
Developer

A downloadable Controller Type for the Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard was added today.

This Controller Type adds compatibility with the buttons and mini joystick on the G13.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fri May 25, 2012 6:22 pm  •   #7476
Ken
Developer

A second downloadable Controller Type for the Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard was added today. There are now at least two known versions of the G13.

This Controller Type adds compatibility with the buttons and mini joystick on the G13.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Axis not working on G13 Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:33 am  •   #7725
Colin

Hi,

I am new to Controllermate and really quite enthusiastic about it. I have one issue though with Controllermate and my G13.

I use CM4.6 on 10.7.4 and tried both Profiles offered for download here on the page (103 and 203).

With both the stick axis is not really an "axis" but an on/off button. So the stick is at the moment not usable for me.

Am I doing something wrong or can I change this myself? When I downloaded the profile offered at this site:

http://matthewmaslanka.blogspot.de/2012/05/my-sibelius-control-setup-logitech-g13.html

the stick works correctly. I would though prefer to use an officially supported profile from this site.

Thanks for helping,
Colin
Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:20 am  •   #7726
Ken
Developer

Did you download the cmate file from this page within the last few days? It has been updated very recently to fix a couple of problems when using CMv4.6.
Yep Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:39 am  •   #7727
Colin

Hi Ken,

I downloaded the files yesterday from the link you posted.

Regards,
Colin
Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:51 am  •   #7728
Ken
Developer

One thing to try would be the following:

1) Disconnect the G13
2) Change the "Programming Item" popup in the top-left of ControllerMate's main window to "Controller Information"
3) Delete the entry for the G13
4) Reattach the G13
5) Re-import the appropriate file from the compatibility page

Also, when the entry for the G13 is selected in the Controller Information list, do the numbers that are shown at the top of the main portion of the window exactly match one of the items on the compatibility page?

"1133:49692:65280:0 (0103)" or "1133:49692:65280:0 (0203)"

If your device doesn't match, then you have a different version of the G13 than then ones that I am aware of -- in which case neither of the cmate files will provide any benefit to you.

Also, do you have any Logitech software installed that might be conflicting?
Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:49 pm  •   #7730
Colin

I performed the steps you described (even reloaded the cmate file just now).
The result still is same, this image is a screenshot of the controller information right after I re-imported the cmate file. As you see, the two "axis" are configured as "button".

Screenshot

I now changed the type manually to "axis" and it works (didn't find the option before)... but basically it seems that in the cmate file the configuration is wrong at the moment.

Regards,
Colin
Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:10 pm  •   #7733
Ken
Developer

That is strange. If you select the X- and Y-Axis items and change the "Type" menu at the bottom of the page to "Axis", the items in the Palette window for those controls should change to Axis building blocks. Does that happen and do the blocks work correctly?
Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:46 am  •   #7738
Colin

I did that and it works.

I didn't mention that I previously had the Logitech software installed. Although I uninstalled it and rebooted before importing the cmate config.
Could there be any leftovers of the Logitech software that are causing this? I checked the running processes and there are none left, though.
Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:54 am  •   #7741
Ken
Developer

No, it is more likely that there is leftover information in ControllerMate that was collected while the Logitech software was installed.

I have already made a change for the next update that will make the steps listed above more effective at removing old information from ControllerMate. That should help in situations like this.

Edit: Grammar violation.

Last edited by Ken on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:31 am  •   #7742
Colin

Thanks for the info and the great support. ControllerMate really is a great tool.

Regards,
Colin
Capturing text Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:27 am  •   #8141
Gumby

Is Controller Mate able to capture text sent by a game to the G13 gameboard?
Re: Capturing text Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:13 am  •   #8149
Ken
Developer

Gumby wrote:
Is Controller Mate able to capture text sent by a game to the G13 gameboard?

Text that is shown on the display? ControllerMate can't capture that.
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Controller Types
Jump to: