OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Request - MIDI Note *value* building block
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> MIDI
Request - MIDI Note *value* building block Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:20 pm  •   #8910
harryb

I'd like to do things like assign C# in *any* octave to do the same thing. Or perhaps, assign any black key in any octave to do the same thing. But right now it looks like I have to have a separate MIDI Note block for each input I want which is a bit of a pain.

Would it be possible to add a "MIDI Note Value" block, which turns ON for any MIDI note, and outputs the raw note value (e.g. C4 would output 60, etc.)? Then I could use the nice existing blocks like range and various math functions to do what I want in a much cleaner way.....
Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:35 pm  •   #8911
Ken
Developer

Would you need the actual note number on the output, or would be sufficient to have a building block that allowed you to select an arbitrary collection of notes that turn the output ON? (That is, something analogous to a Button Group building block.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:00 pm  •   #8912
harryb

Sure - a Button Group type block should work fine, too. I guess I'd prefer the flexibility of the note-value-output approach, but I'd be happy to see either one!
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> MIDI
Jump to: