OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
ControllerMate and Mac mouse acceleration
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:19 am  •   #4914
Ken
Developer

Dae wrote:
Is there anywhere we can find out what is 40 (max X) and 1000 (max Y) on ControllerMate graph, I mean the units?

The units are basically relative. On the horizontal scale, an input of "10" corresponds to twice the mouse movement as "5". Similarly on the vertical scale, "1000" has twice the cursor movement as "500". Turning on the standard curves should at least give you a reference point for how fast the cursor will move.

I should really find a better way to label that graph.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:04 am  •   #4927
Dae

Code:
void IOHIPointing::scalePointer(int * dxp, int * dyp)
// Description:   Perform pointer acceleration computations here.
//      Given the resolution, dx, dy, and time, compute the velocity
//      of the pointer over a Manhatten distance in inches/second.
//      Using this velocity, do a lookup in the pointerScaling table
//      to select a scaling factor. Scale dx and dy up as appropriate.
// Preconditions:
// *   _deviceLock should be held on entry
{
    ScaleAxes(_scaleSegments, dxp, &_fractX, dyp, &_fractY);
}

From IOHIDFamily (3.0.8) → IOHIPointing.cpp (line 584).

So possibly inches per second?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:51 am  •   #4932
Dae

It's inches per second.

Tomorrow I will release a page describing how to implement Windows acceleration curve on Mac OS X using ControllerMate. It seems I've managed to do it and moreover, it's mathematically precise. I'd like to run it a little more till tomorrow to be sure that I haven't mixed anything up.
Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:20 pm  •   #4953
Dae

Apparently it wasn't a Windows curve, it was something that somewhat resembles it by feeling. So... I'm still trying.

I'd really use some help from people who understand (or might understand after examining) the algorithms of mouse movement and math behind all those graphs, curves, formulas and stuff. So far I only managed to dig some useful information, but there are still vague points for me. I made some assumptions, but none of my 34 curves were good enough.
Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:18 pm  •   #4961
Ilya Birman

The curve on my picture (first message in this topic!) works exactly like Windows’. Ken, just make an app that applies that curve! I can even send you a .cmate file with it. How can that be hard?
Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:45 pm  •   #4963
Dae

Definitely not, it doesn't feel exactly like Windows you've just got used to it.
Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:25 am  •   #4998
Dae

Windows acceleration curve when "Enhance pointer precision" tickbox is off. Based on calculations.

(To control mouse speed, scale by Y while holding Cmd).

It's not 100% precise, but I'm getting to it.
Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:33 pm  •   #5002
Ilya Birman

Ken! Please give us ControllerMate Light. Copy Windows curve from MSDN, make it work. Also, don’t make me restart my machine if I unplug/replug my mouse. It should continue working. Then, advertize the full ControllerMate in that App. 3. Profit!!!

Please?

Or, at least give a hint at what API/hacks did you use to modify the mouse curve. Maybe I will try to do this myself.
Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:58 pm  •   #5003
Dae

Ilya Birman wrote:
It should continue working

It does for me.
Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:31 am  •   #5010
Ilya Birman

I’m usign a Logitech MX-310. ControllerMate shows a (c) sign next to it, which as I understand means you can control it with ControllerMate. After you unplug and replug it, the (c) disappears, and I was not able to find any way to bring it back. Re-enablng controllermate helper, relaunching it, relaunching controllermate, even re-login doesn’t help. Only a full restart.
Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:37 am  •   #5011
Ken
Developer

That can happen when drivers conflict, and they each have a different priority during startup than after startup. If you run the Utilities > Driver Summary command in ControllerMate when the (C) is not showing, and send me the results, I should be able to determine which driver is being used at that time.
Thu May 27, 2010 4:19 pm  •   #5313
dannymichel

Can someone please export their settings and attach it here or send it to me?
Re: Microsoft Mouse Curve Thu May 27, 2010 4:42 pm  •   #5314
dannymichel

jdb wrote:
I spent some time on this to make the mouse acceleration as similar to windows as possible. I enclose my acceleration curve. This is pretty similar to standard Windows Vista mouse acceleration as I can get it.

I chose controllermate specifically to address this problem and to also help with remapping for my DiNovo Edge.

for anyone who is interested, i duplicated what he did there to the best of my abilities. although, i do wonder why the screen-shot on the 'concave' version of windows pointer is like that.

i also tried duplicating windows curve another way
Dae wrote:

Windows acceleration curve when "Enhance pointer precision" tickbox is off. Based on calculations.

(To control mouse speed, scale by Y while holding Cmd).

It's not 100% precise, but I'm getting to it.
can you make one for when it is ticked on?
Fri May 28, 2010 1:37 am  •   #5323
Dae

I think I confused off and on. When it is off the curve is linear.
Fri May 28, 2010 5:58 am  •   #5325
dannymichel

Dae wrote:
I think I confused off and on. When it is off the curve is linear.
i tried to duplicate it as best i could. it kinda feels how it would with it ticked off. can you please upload it to mediafire?
Page 3 of 6 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to: