OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
ControllerMate and Mac mouse acceleration
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:15 pm  •   #6921
Dae

The cause for all your Mac OS X mouse annoyances

I should have posted it at least a year ago but I hesitated because there was no solid evidence, only hints from various experiments. Now its confirmed by Apple engineers.
Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:42 am  •   #7209
ivanzoid

Hi guys,

I've made curve based on values Dae posted here.

And I like it! At least it's much better than any default curves.

Here it is: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1569800/ControllerMate/MS.cmate
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:20 pm  •   #7214
Ken
Developer

I mirrored this file here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:21 pm  •   #7628
n00neimp0rtant

Ken wrote:
I mirrored this file here.

Ken, I have found that by adding a single point between the left side of the graph and the first point, then dragging it down a tiny bit, it simulates having the "Enhance Pointer Precision" setting on Windows, which really, truly solidifies this as a reasonably accurate simulation of Windows mouse acceleration. I can finally play games without booting into Boot Camp now!

One question, though: I had to edit the internal "Programming.plist" to copy the acceleration curve object from this configuration into the one matching my mouse. Is there a simpler, less-intrusive way to copy-and-paste acceleration curves from one device configuration to another? Not a big deal if there isn't (I doubt I'll ever need to change this accel curve again); I'm simply curious.

Thanks again Smile
Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:44 pm  •   #7629
Ken
Developer

n00neimp0rtant wrote:
One question, though: I had to edit the internal "Programming.plist" to copy the acceleration curve object from this configuration into the one matching my mouse. Is there a simpler, less-intrusive way to copy-and-paste acceleration curves from one device configuration to another? Not a big deal if there isn't (I doubt I'll ever need to change this accel curve again); I'm simply curious.

No, that's basically the only way to do it currently. Copying Driver Configurations (including acceleration curves) and re-assigning them to different devices is something that I will need to add.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:17 pm  •   #7735
ksignorini

n00neimp0rtant wrote:
I had to edit the internal "Programming.plist"

Which internal "Programming.plist" is that? I've looked everywhere, including in the program bundle, and I can't find the one you're referring to.

I want to try this curve, above, but can't figure out how to get it to stick.

Thanks!
Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:45 pm  •   #7737
Ken
Developer

The Programming.plist file is in ~/Library/Application Support/ControllerMate.
Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:52 am  •   #7844
frigjord

First, it's not easy creating such an app like this for OS X and i don't think it should be free, not even a simple version. If you wan't to blame someone for having to spend 15$, blame Apple, it's their fault the mouse sux.

Second: Do i just run the .cm file and the curve will be applied?

EDIT: No matter what i do, two posts are posted to this forum. And if i delete one of them, both are deleted...

Last edited by frigjord on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:53 am  •   #7846
frigjord

First, it's not easy creating such an app like this for OS X and i don't think it should be free, not even a simple version. If you wan't to blame someone for having to spend 15$, blame Apple, it's their fault the mouse sux.

Second: Do i just run the .cm file and the curve will be applied?
Exact numbers for windows-like acceleration curve Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:32 pm  •   #7947
DEgorov

[X ; Y]
[0 ; 0]
[0,43 ; 1,37]
[1,25 ; 5,3]
[3,86 ; 24,3]
[40 ; 568]

Place these 5 points to the graph and then scale it vertically with pressed Command key to change sensitivity. These numbers are taken from Windows 7 registry. I can't say if ControllerMate can fully mimic windows mouse acceleration but I can definitely say that I can't find any difference Smile
Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:01 pm  •   #7985
goatbert

I just want to say this is maybe the best thread I've ever read on a forum, ever, and this information should be plastered across the site for CM as it has made what was already a great investment 100x more valuable. This mouse feels amazing now. Thanks to CM I don't have to get a different mouse just because Logitech refuses to support the G600 on the Mac. Maybe they should just work out a deal like the Xkeys people did.

Any chance of including one, two or all three of these options (Dae's, the original MS.cmate, and MS.cmate with the mod to add pointer precision) as options in the dropdown?
Re: Exact numbers for windows-like acceleration curve Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:27 pm  •   #7994
Benolsen

DEgorov wrote:
[X ; Y]
[0 ; 0]
[0,43 ; 1,37]
[1,25 ; 5,3]
[3,86 ; 24,3]
[40 ; 568]

THANK YOU DEGOROV!!! This was really helpful, this IS 99.99% windows mouse acceleration. After drawing the curve according to those points all I had to do was change the sensitivity by holding the "control" key. I am sure this will be different for everybody and depends on how big your resolution/screen is.

2 Additional notes:
1) The coma in the coordinates threw me off, I thought for example [0,43] was x=0 and Y=43, but its actually 0.43.

2) Is there a way to put the coordinates exactly in, I did it by eyeing the values on the graph but would really like to know if there is a way to input those in though CM. Otherwise I have to find a way to display the mouse curser coordinates and work from there.
Re: Exact numbers for windows-like acceleration curve Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:05 pm  •   #7995
Ken
Developer

Benolsen wrote:
2) Is there a way to put the coordinates exactly in, I did it by eyeing the values on the graph but would really like to know if there is a way to input those in though CM.

No there isn't. It would be a nice addition to the acceleration curve though ... it could use improvements.
Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:53 am  •   #8002
DEgorov

In Russia (and in Europe in general) we usually use comma as a decimal mark Laughing
Re: Exact numbers for windows-like acceleration curve Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:40 pm  •   #8087
dannymichel

DEgorov wrote:
[X ; Y]
[0 ; 0]
[0,43 ; 1,37]
[1,25 ; 5,3]
[3,86 ; 24,3]
[40 ; 568]

Place these 5 points to the graph and then scale it vertically with pressed Command key to change sensitivity. These numbers are taken from Windows 7 registry. I can't say if ControllerMate can fully mimic windows mouse acceleration but I can definitely say that I can't find any difference Smile

Thanks.
I have no idea how to implement this.
Is there any way someone who has can export and send them to me or upload here?
Page 5 of 6 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to: