OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Question about Cyborg R.A.T. 5 gaming mouse
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:36 am  •   #5602
sterlingdax

I've noticed this with my Rat 5 as well. I've not had any problems when playing games, and that's the only time I actually use the mouse. Hopefully this gets sorted soon, the constant left mouse click is interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:33 pm  •   #5660
tromo

I just received a R.A.T. 7 and I'm experiencing the same, strange hover states on OS X menus and presumably javascript/CSS elements in Safari.

I haven't ever installed USB Overdrive so I'm not sure that's my problem... but it really isnt a big problem... mostly just an annoyance.

I also dont have any functionality unless the mouse is flat on a surface, lifting it at all stops the mouse dead... again, not a problem as I never lift the mouse.

Using controllermate I have the horizontal scroll working perfectly... red/blue/purple mode-specific actions etc

I don't have any way to turn down the DPI for the sniper button though... if anybody can provide clues there I'd appreciate it... and maybe a fix to the hover state weirdness too!

Thanks!
Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:47 pm  •   #5661
sterlingdax

It is not a USBOverdrive problem, I've never installed that and do not get hover states. I have both a 5 and a 7 and they are the same.

I am curious as to your use of the mode buttons. I have CM set up with a group per controller/mouse, etc. and go in an activate the current program/game I am using at the time. I once thought I could use these to swap easily between the 3 most popular I am using, but I would forget the colors Smile

I might (probably!) don't know what I am talking about...but what if you used the Sniper Button (#Cool to activate button #13, which is the DPI(?) button under the scroll wheel, I assume it could be programmed to activate 3 times while it is held down (so it would always be at the lowest setting, no matter what it was set at before), which would put it at the lowest setting on the little LED Gauge.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:54 pm  •   #5662
tromo

sterlingdax wrote:
It is not a USBOverdrive problem, I've never installed that and do not get hover states. I have both a 5 and a 7 and they are the same.

I am curious as to your use of the mode buttons. I have CM set up with a group per controller/mouse, etc. and go in an activate the current program/game I am using at the time. I once thought I could use these to swap easily between the 3 most popular I am using, but I would forget the colors Smile

I might (probably!) don't know what I am talking about...but what if you used the Sniper Button (#Cool to activate button #13, which is the DPI(?) button under the scroll wheel, I assume it could be programmed to activate 3 times while it is held down (so it would always be at the lowest setting, no matter what it was set at before), which would put it at the lowest setting on the little LED Gauge.

I havent figured out how to do a loopback control... I'd need the computer to tell the mouse to click #13 twice and then back again on OFF state.

If you know how to do that, I'm all ears.
Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:22 pm  •   #5663
sterlingdax

tromo wrote:
sterlingdax wrote:

I havent figured out how to do a loopback control... I'd need the computer to tell the mouse to click #13 twice and then back again on OFF state.

I just experimented a little bit with an ON/OFF Latch block, if button #8 was pressed, it would go to another block to change the output, when it was not pressed, the other latch would have the normal value. I am not sure how to get either one to work correctly, It's more than likely a lack of sleep, and I'm trying to complicate it too much!

Either way, I think I have the right idea, just not enough skill to make it happen.
Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:22 pm  •   #5664
tromo

sterlingdax wrote:
tromo wrote:
sterlingdax wrote:

I just experimented a little bit with an ON/OFF Latch block, if button #8 was pressed, it would go to another block to change the output, when it was not pressed, the other latch would have the normal value. I am not sure how to get either one to work correctly, It's more than likely a lack of sleep, and I'm trying to complicate it too much!

Either way, I think I have the right idea, just not enough skill to make it happen.

the issue is, the sniper feature is a hardware thing. when you push the dpi +/- buttons, it triggers button #12 and 13, as well as doing a physical dpi scale increase/decrease. I'm sure it's accessible via software (because the manufacturer/windows drivers obviously use the feature) but I cant seem to replicate it with controllermate with something like the Mouse button block and that's easy enough to trigger with modifiers.
I think I may have an answer to the hover problem. Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:45 am  •   #5750
khoolmann

I just received my R.A.T 7 and I love it!

However, I too noticed the hover issue (running CM).

So I uninstalled CM and installed USB Overdrive and initially had the same problem.

What I then did was to map the 'mode' button to 'Click Lock' in every instance (i.e. buttons 9, 10 and 11).

So now the cursor works as normal.

I don't remember if Click Lock is available in CM (since I had to uninstall it) but I might try and load it on my laptop later and see if I can find a work-a-round in CM.

Hope this has helped - this mouse is awesome and would be a shame not to be able to run it in os x.
Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:07 am  •   #5751
khoolmann

Quick question - has anyone tried the R.A.T 7 (or any other RAT) with SteerMouse?
Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:04 pm  •   #5752
tromo

Your post got me going after the grail again and...

I HAVE FOUND A FIX!!!!
(for the lack of hover functionality)

All you have to do is drag the Cyborg RAT7 Mouse from the controllers Pallette, over to the Programming page list (under Master Enable)

Then, click the "Mouse Buttons" button at the top, select Buttons #9,#10,#11 and select "None" on the action dropdown.

Best part is, if you have different Modes set up, they still retain their functionality! Menu highlighting, dock magnification, etc all function as expected.

...So who's buying me a beer? Very Happy

kudos to khoolmann for getting me back on task.

I was about ready to punch my monitor through the wall last night while trying to make hulu go full screen... the hover functionality in flash apps functions perfectly now as well.
Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:24 am  •   #5754
khoolmann

Woohooooo!

Well done tromo!

Tell me, does every button work (including the red 'sniper' button)?

I'd much rather use CM to the others.

This mouse has now become even better!!!
Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:52 am  •   #5755
khoolmann

Never mind, got it going with CM and all buttons work perfectly.
Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:38 pm  •   #5765
Gm4n

Tromo, you've given me hope that my rat 7 will be a useable mouse Smile

I've figured out how to setup all the keys (except the sniper button) to do things, and even can get the mode toggle working. But I can't, for the life of me, get the hover thing fixed.

First up, I'm not sure which "Master Enable" you're talking about (I dragged the mouse itself onto a programming page). I then can't find the "Mouse Buttons" button Sad

Can you clarify your post?
Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:26 pm  •   #5766
khoolmann

Gm4n

First go to the 'controllers' palette - find the RAT controller and drag it (the whole thing) over to the 'programming' panel on the far left.

Once you've done that, click on the RAT in the 'programming' panel where you will see it's buttons and axis come up on the right panel (you'll see two tabs - one for 'mouse buttons' the other 'mouse axis') - click the 'mouse buttons' tab and you should now see all buttons listed (i.e. buttons 1 through 13).

Go through each button - 9,10 and 11 and select the 'action' to 'none'. Buttons 9,10 and 11 are the three 'mode' buttons.

Now you can continue to set up your blocks and assign functions to all buttons. I personally assigned the same function to the 'mode' button so that it will do the same thing each time I click it (otherwise it rotates through 3 times) and I have the snipper button mapped to expose.

You should now have ALL buttons working and no problem with hover.
Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:56 pm  •   #5767
Gm4n

khoolmann wrote:
First go to the 'controllers' palette - find the RAT controller and drag it (the whole thing) over to the 'programming' panel on the far left.

Here's a screenshot of the mouse to drag:

khoolmann wrote:
Once you've done that, click on the RAT in the 'programming' panel where you will see it's buttons and axis come up on the right panel (you'll see two tabs - one for 'mouse buttons' the other 'mouse axis')

And here's what happens when I drag it:

I don't know what buttons and axis you're talking about Sad
Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:01 pm  •   #5768
khoolmann

Gm4n

Rather than creating a new page, just drag the 'controller' from the right all the way over to the left column under 'programming'.

Don't create a new page and drag the 'controller' into the page, that won't work.

I'll see if I can't take a screen shot of mine and post it for you to see.
Page 2 of 4 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to: