OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Controller Types Goto page 1, 2  Next
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:04 am  •   #6214
Ken
Developer

A downloadable Controller Type for the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse was added today.

This controller type adds compatibility with buttons 6-14. Unlike the previous WoW MMO Gaming Mouse, ControllerMate cannot control the LEDs or the DPI of the Cataclysm Gaming Mouse.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:23 pm  •   #6320
Wade

This does not work for me, clicking on buttons 6-14 on the mouse does not cause their entries to light up in the Controllers palette. Buttons 1-5 work normally.
Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:27 am  •   #6329
Ken
Developer

Actually, this wasn't supposed to be synced to the public website.

Compatibility with buttons 6-14 on the Cataclysm mouse requires ControllerMate v4.4.6. This updated was posted just posted a few moments ago and can be downloaded here.

If the new version works correctly for you, let me know and I'll move this topic back to the hidden forum to avoid future confusion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:30 am  •   #6332
Wade

It works now. Thank you.
How to disable WoW MMO default keys? Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:39 am  •   #6333
1f_jef

I have a new WoW MMO mouse and am having trouble disabling the default button commands. I downloaded the new Controllermate and can successfully program the keys commands I want and use them successfully in my App of choice. However the defaults are also triggering. The page for the controller config where I believe the option should be available to turn off the Default keys is not listing any buttons.
Any HELP please????
THANKS!

BTW, GREAT program!!
Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:39 pm  •   #6339
Ken
Developer

Since it is a mouse, the only buttons that have default behavior (as far as the operating system is concerned) are buttons #1-3. Is it one or more of those buttons that you want to disable?
Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:47 am  •   #6347
1f_jef

Ken wrote:
...the only buttons that have default behavior... are buttons #1-3. Is it one or more of those buttons that you want to disable?

Thanks for the reply Ken.
Yes, I'd like to disable all buttons except the default 'click'. I'm using it for professional digital audio recording. For example, I may want button 2 to act as my start/stop for playback (which is the 'spacebar') without firing off the default editing tool change according to the default behaviour.
Thanks!
Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:49 pm  •   #6348
Ken
Developer

1f_jef wrote:
Yes, I'd like to disable all buttons except the default 'click'. I'm using it for professional digital audio recording. For example, I may want button 2 to act as my start/stop for playback (which is the 'spacebar') without firing off the default editing tool change according to the default behaviour.
Thanks!

If ControllerMate's driver is being used for the mouse, then it can disable the buttons as is shown in this example.
Buttons 6-14 not working Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:51 am  •   #6663
mcroom

I am using v4.4.7 of ControllerMate with the Cataclysm Gaming Mouse.

I have tried several different combinations of settings within the Steel Series Driver interface (where you set LED color, etc) and even uninstalled the driver completely.

In my controller list the Cataclysm Mouse (Mouse) shows up with the C next to it, and the button clicks for buttons 1-5 light up correctly. But in the controller list the Cataclysm Mouse (Custom Device) does not have the C next to it, and none of the buttons 6-14 light up when pressed.

I am trying to set this up so I can assign mouse clicks to either the Healbot or Clique add ons.

Please help.
Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:53 am  •   #6670
Ken
Developer

Do you have any other software installed that may be controlling that part of the mouse?
Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:02 pm  •   #6746
BryanJamesRoss

If I may ask, why exactly aren't you able to affect the LED or DPI of the mouse? I'm a programmer, so tech speak is ok Smile
Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:23 pm  •   #6749
Ken
Developer

BryanJamesRoss wrote:
If I may ask, why exactly aren't you able to affect the LED or DPI of the mouse? I'm a programmer, so tech speak is ok Smile

No tech speak necessary. The original WoW Gaming Mouse and the Cataclysm version have two different interfaces to control their custom features. I received technical information about the original mouse that allowed me to quickly modify ControllerMate to add compatibility with those features. I have no such information about the Cataclysm version and haven't had time to try to reverse-engineer it.
Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:53 pm  •   #6752
BryanJamesRoss

Fair enough. You'd think it would be similar though. Oh well. Now if I can just figure out how to reset the damn thing.
Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:55 am  •   #7038
3d

have there been any developments on being able to control more aspects of the cataclysm mouse?
Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:44 pm  •   #7039
Ken
Developer

3d wrote:
have there been any developments on being able to control more aspects of the cataclysm mouse?

Not yet, but I may have some time to look at it in a few weeks.
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Controller Types Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: