OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
ControllerMate = use iCade with a Mac!
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
ControllerMate = use iCade with a Mac! Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:38 am  •   #7006
Nagromme

I paired my iPad iCade with my Mac for the heck of it. Each function (2 digital axes and 8 buttons) generates two keypresses from an “unknown” Bluetooth keyboard: one stroke for on and one for off. Not much use in games that way.

ControllerMate to the rescue! The “On/Off Latch” block can convert those on/off keystrokes into normal button-holds/releases. (I also had to select all keys on the iCade and set their function to None to suppress the extra typing.)

Works great! I use the stick as arrow keys (or WASD) and those giant iCade buttons feel great for pinball games. It’s like having an X-Arcade stick, although an awkward shape for a desk. I use mine with the Mac hooked to a projector, so that’s not an issue.
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
Jump to: