OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Microsoft Office Keyboard
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Controller Types
Microsoft Office Keyboard Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:06 am  •   #1019
Ken
Developer

A downloadable Controller Type for the Microsoft Office Keyboard was added today.

This removes numerous controls that don't really exist on the device and adds compatibility with the "Office Home" and "Task Pane" buttons.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:49 pm  •   #10436
HolyRoses

Hey Ken,

I know you probably posted this an eon ago but just recently I dug one of these keyboards out of my basement and started playing with on windows 10.

Turns out some amazing auto hot key coder got it to work with USB. I figure with your intelligence you could copy what these guys did to get the wheel supported in controllermate.

First you need auto hot key
https://autohotkey.com/

second you need ahkhid
https://github.com/jleb/AHKHID

third you need keywheel.ahk
https://gist.github.com/pondermatic/224790183061d1aeaff7

Install AHK
copy AHKHID.ahk to C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\lib
double click KeyWheel.ahk

now the scroll wheel works fine in modern windows OS's. Alternatively you can right click and compile the ahk file and add to windows startup.

My question is if you can copy the HID functions of the library and add support for the wheel either through the additions of the library functions or the keywheel.ahk file. I assume you would add HID support and the wheel motions when then just become some sort of building block item.

Heck you may have already have enhanced support for this already. I haven't looked. Typing this at work using this keyboard on my work PC with this AHK solution.
Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:26 am  •   #10443
Ken
Developer

I'll add this keyboard to my list of devices to look at, but I have to prioritize devices that are somewhat newer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Controller Types
Jump to: