OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Belkin n52te
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Controller Types Goto page 1, 2  Next
Belkin n52te Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:45 am  •   #3511
Ken
Developer

A downloadable Controller Type for the Belkin n52te was added today.

This removes various controls that don't actually exist on the device. Unlike the n52, ControllerMate cannot control the LEDs on the n52te.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lost mouse ability for direction pad Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:29 am  •   #4060
miles3w

Thanks for creating the controller for the N52te. However the generic version put the direction pad under the 'mouse' type and I was able to use it as a 2-D scroll device.

The downloadable version causes the direction pad to emulate the arrow keys. Is there any way to get the old mouse / window scroll functionality back?

Thanks,

- Miles
Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:01 pm  •   #4066
Ken
Developer

In my case, I see the DPad as keyboard arrow keys both before and after importing the cmate file.

Did you have Belkin software installed for the device? That may have caused the DPad to act like part of the mouse.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Can't access n52te mouse controls Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:00 am  •   #6488
DavidMac

I have just downloaded and imported the n52te controller file from your site.

This shows up in the Controller types pane to the left of the programming window as two controllers. Keyboard and Mouse.

Checking "Display controller in Palette Window" for the n52te keyboard controller displays two keyboard controllers in the Controllers palette, of which only "2 Keyboard" shows response to using the keypad. "1 keyboard" appears to be moribund.

Checking "Display controller in Palette Window" for the n52te mouse displays nothing at all in the Controllers palette. I cannot access the mouse controls at all.

Any suggestions please?

MacPro 8 core. 16GB RAM. OS X 10.6.7. n52te Firmware version 1.01. Software version 1.0.2.

DavidMac
Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:35 am  •   #6492
Ken
Developer

Do you also have Belkin drivers installed for the n52te? That may distort how ControllerMate views the device.
Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:59 am  •   #6495
DavidMac

Yes I discovered that was indeed the problem. Removing the Belkin driver resolves this and both mouse and key drivers display properly.

Sadly, however, my problems don't stop there.

Firstly, to achieve portability and usability with machines that don't have the driver installed the controller remembers whatever the last driver was that it used. It doesn't start 'clean' just because the Belkin driver has gone.

When Contollermate reads a key and I add a controller mate key or text output it doesn't replace the existing key but appends to it. in other words if Key 1 outputs an "A" and I set my controller mate key block to output "B" what actually gets output is "AB". I cannot get rid of the original values programmed within the device. You can see this clearly if you assign a single key output in Controllermate but don't assign a key to it. Pressing the key will display the original Belkin programmed value in the Controllermate output window.

I tried using the Belkin driver to set the keys to disabled, but it does just that - disables them completely, and they become unreadable to Controllermate.

It would seem that what I need is some way to assign a readable null value to the keys. That's got me stumped.

Unless of course I am missing something forehead slappingly obvious here ........ Confused

The next problem is that without the Belkin driver present Controllermate only reads some keys and is 'blind" to others. They appear in the key blocks in the controller window but pressing the key doesn't trigger them. Those that do trigger, trigger the wrong blocks. Key 1, for example, triggers Key Block 08 in Controllermate.

So for now I have had to go back to using the Razer controller editor supplied by Belkin.

Pity .... Sad
Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:28 am  •   #6499
Ken
Developer

I don't remember exactly how the n52te behaves, but if it looks like a keyboard to ControllerMate, and ControllerMate's driver is used for that keyboard, then you should be able to turn off the default behavior of the buttons using a controller configuration.

There is an example here of a similar task.
Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:02 am  •   #6500
DavidMac

OK - That doesn't look too challenging Smile

I'll let you know if that solves everything.

Thanks Ken.

David Mac
Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:12 am  •   #6507
ytk

Take a look at this post. I've already made a controller configuration for the N52TE that works in conjunction with the device's memory feature, by loading a custom keymap into its memory that can then be read by ControllerMate. The controller configuration will also disable all of the buttons on the N52TE for you. Just make sure you carefully follow all of the steps in order to get it to work.
Ugh! Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:47 am  •   #7043
jdehnert

I have a n52te, but I can't seem to get it to map out at all. I'm sure I'm missing something because what I think should work just does not seem to.

Does anyone know how to wipe the memory inside the n52te?

I tried setting all the buttons custom behavior to none, then in a new page I laid out all of the blue buttons and added single keystrokes to each.

For example, blue button 8 has the single keystroke "s" assigned, but when I push the button my output gives me an "s", but it shows the blue circle button activating on the screen and also gives me the "[space]" button. So each push of button 8 outputs "s ".

Hmm, I was just looking in the palet and I can see that things are not mapped out right. Here are a few of the button maps

Button Palet
01 ===> (Red) wheel down
02 ===> (Blue) wheel down
03 ===> (Blue) dpad backwards
04 ===> (Blue) 05
05 ===> (Blue) wheel button
06 ===> (Red) 04
07 ===> (Blue) 01
08 ===> (Blue) circle button
09 ===> (Blue) 04
10 ===> (Blue) 06
11 ===> No Response
12 ===> (Red) 03
13 ===> (Red) 01
14 ===> (Blue) 03
15 ===> (Red) wheel button

Any help, suggestion, recommendations will be appreciated.
Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:52 am  •   #7052
Ken
Developer

If the internal memory of the n52te has been programmed, then it will probably need to be unprogrammed using the Belkin software. ControllerMate does not have a method to do this.
Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:03 am  •   #7055
jdehnert

I was able to find software that allowed me to program the n52te on a PC. I was also able to save a new config into the unit to get it useable. I will try doing a reset and then connecting it back to ControlerMate to see if things map properly after that.

Does anyone have any sugestions if the mapping is still haywire after the reset?

Is ther a way to load a map into the vice that will provide proper key mapping?
Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:32 pm  •   #7057
Ken
Developer

As far as ControllerMate is concerned, compatibility with the n52te will be best if the device simply behaves like a basic, partial keyboard. If the device's buttons are programmed to perform macros, it will difficult for ControllerMate to do much with it.
Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:10 pm  •   #7059
jdehnert

Thatís what I would like it to do, but as you can see from the map I made, things seem to be all over the map. I did install the mapping that ytk provided in another post some time ago on my previous attempt to get the n52te working, and I think it has that info in ControllerMate now, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

I'm attaching a screen cap of what I see when I go to configure the n52te. Does this look like what you expect?

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:24 pm  •   #7060
Ken
Developer

That's actually different than I would expect. Without importing the cmate file for the n52te, the device should look like a generic keyboard:

I don't think that Lion vs. Snow Leopard will account for the differences.
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Controller Types Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: