OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
SOLVED How to get keys to repeat at the native OS rate..!!
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
SOLVED How to get keys to repeat at the native OS rate..!! Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:01 pm  •   #11077
zmix

When I program some buttons on the Controller mate to press a combination of normal ASCII keys, I cannot duplicate the smooth "key repeat" response I get by pressing the same keys on the keyboard itself..

Is it possible to get keys to repeat at the native OS key repeat rate?

Last edited by zmix on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:08 pm  •   #11079
zmix

SOLVED..!!!

I discovered that by separating the key presses from the key releases into the two "ON" and "OFF" columns the keys will repeat as any keyboard input would.
Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:53 pm  •   #11423
adamlogan

zmix wrote:
SOLVED..!!!

I discovered that by separating the key presses from the key releases into the two "ON" and "OFF" columns the keys will repeat as any keyboard input would.

Can you explain with a screenshot maybe? I don't get it the way you've described it. keep in mind I'm brand new to ControllerMate and still figuring out the basic and don't have a programming background to build on.

I'm interested in this, I will undoubtedly make use of your solution although my immediate interest is in smoother mouse "scrolling".
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:21 pm  •   #11424
zmix

adamlogan wrote:
zmix wrote:
SOLVED..!!!

Can you explain with a screenshot maybe? I don't get it the way you've described it. keep in mind I'm brand new to ControllerMate and still figuring out the basic and don't have a programming background to build on.

I'm interested in this, I will undoubtedly make use of your solution although my immediate interest is in smoother mouse "scrolling".

Unfortunately this forum doesn't allow images to be uploaded.. but basically just look at the "properties" window and note that when you've assigned a button to a keypress, the key on and key off events are all in the "When turned ON" column.

If you move the key off events to the "When turned OFF" column, then the assigned keypress will repeat as long as the controllermate button is pressed.
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:28 am  •   #11425
adamlogan

Dude, thank you. You just gave me the answer to my issue that I've been struggling with all night. I was having issues with a shift + left arrow combo and the shift key kept staying pressed. Finally I can exclude the press or release of keys. Woot. Noob hurdle #1 cleared lol. Very Happy

For anyone else scratching their heads, we're talking about the Keypresses block.
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
Jump to: