OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Logitech G502 not recognized
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
Logitech G502 not recognized Tue May 03, 2016 7:27 pm  •   #10648
syra

I just bought a G502 to try on my 10.11.4 system and while everything seems to work great, CM doesn't recognize input from the extra surrounding buttons. The main left and right click are detected within the mouse logo G502 but the extra buttons are not under the keyboard section of the G502. To clarify, I also have a G600 and it appears these gaming mice show up with two components: scroll and left/right click under a mouse menu and the rest of the multiple buttons under a keyboard one. Meanwhile I read a thread in this forum mentioning how everything worked fine with the G502. Got any ideas Ken? Thanks!
Tue May 03, 2016 8:14 pm  •   #10649
syra

Ok so I investigated the matter further and read about uninstalling the Logictech drivers to allow CM do its thing. I switched the state of the buttons I want to use to "none" in the driver menu for the mouse and keyboard versions of the G600 and everything works fine except I'm running to the main issue that led me trying to go through CM in the first place: If I assign the number "1" for example to a button and then press it along with my actual physical keyboard shift modifier, the result should be "!". But it is not - it is "1". Now IF I assign the "shift" modifier to one of the G600 buttons and hold that one down while I press the button that corresponds to "1" the result is "!". Why doesn't my physical keyboard input have any effect to the key command triggered by G600?
Tue May 03, 2016 10:35 pm  •   #10650
syra

Upon further investigation, it appears that since these mice emulate keyboard commands, I can't use modifiers with my actual keyboard BUT it works with my X-Keys controller which is what I want anyway.

The only problem to solve now is the fact that a few crucial buttons on my G502 do not show up on the CM mouse menu or the keyboard one. Any suggestions?
Sat May 14, 2016 9:15 am  •   #10661
Ken
Developer

syra wrote:
If I assign the number "1" for example to a button and then press it along with my actual physical keyboard shift modifier, the result should be "!". But it is not - it is "1". Now IF I assign the "shift" modifier to one of the G600 buttons and hold that one down while I press the button that corresponds to "1" the result is "!". Why doesn't my physical keyboard input have any effect to the key command triggered by G600?

ControllerMate generates keyboard activity from its own virtual keyboard. Modifiers that are pressed on one keyboard don't combine with keys that are pressed on a second keyboard. That is true whether the two keyboard are both physical USB/Bluetooth keyboards, or if one is a virtual keyboard.

For example, if you were to hold Shift one one USB keyboard and press "A" on a second USB keyboard, the result would be "a" and not "A".

With regard to the G502, it sounds like it has a couple of buttons that have custom definitions that ControllerMate doesn't see. I would need to test one of these mice to see if compatibility could be added to ControllerMate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tue May 17, 2016 2:56 pm  •   #10674
syra

Thanks Ken. Yeah those buttons can't be accessed by anything. I had to buy a different mouse to do what I need to do.
I have a G502 Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:22 pm  •   #11119
ooglek

How can I help get things working Ken? Not gonna send you mine, but I'm happy to do whatever technical work is necessary to get you the information to build out a profile and test.

I have skills Smile
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:12 am  •   #11445
vandemar

I have gotten my G502 to fully work with ControllerMate.

ControllerMate was installed on my computer. Then I installed Logitech Gaming Software. This grants the ability to configure the mouse's onboard profile configuration. I mapped all the non-standard mouse buttons to basic keyboard outputs like the letters A, B, C, & D. The mouse retains this profile even when plugged into a different computer.

Next, I fired up ControllerMate. It detects both a G502 mouse device as well as a G502 keyboard device. I use the ControllerMate G502 keyboard driver configuration page to disable the ABCD keys that I had previously mapped in the Logitech software. This prevents the mouse from outputting those characters, but ControllerMate can still see them for macro purposes.

Same deal for G900 and probably any other Logitech gaming mouse.
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
Jump to: