OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
General devices
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
General devices Wed May 13, 2015 2:55 am  •   #10067
EarMaster

I recently got a new keyboard and had to change all my ControllerMate settings with the new keyboard. It would be a great addition if there was either a "general input device" or a replace function which takes all input nodes of a specific device and replaces it with the input nodes of the new device (if possible).

This would be a great addition and also would make it easier to share your settings with other users.
Fri May 15, 2015 3:28 am  •   #10068
Ken
Developer

I would like to setup the building blocks to respond to "any keyboard" or "any mouse" to make this a little easier.

One thing that you can do to change multiple building blocks on the same page is to select the items that you want to change, then drag a building block for the new device from the Palette window into the "DEVICE" section of the Inspector window. That will cause all of the selected building blocks to look for a control with the same name on the new device and attach themselves to that control.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mon May 18, 2015 3:15 am  •   #10071
EarMaster

Ken wrote:
One thing that you can do to change multiple building blocks on the same page is to select the items that you want to change, then drag a building block for the new device from the Palette window into the "DEVICE" section of the Inspector window. That will cause all of the selected building blocks to look for a control with the same name on the new device and attach themselves to that control.

That's good to know. That is exactly what I was looking for. Is this also possible for driver configuration pages?
Tue May 19, 2015 7:01 am  •   #10075
Ken
Developer

EarMaster wrote:
That's good to know. That is exactly what I was looking for. Is this also possible for driver configuration pages?

No, the Driver Configurations cannot be modified in that way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:06 pm  •   #11504
JonnyP

Ken wrote:
I would like to setup the building blocks to respond to "any keyboard" or "any mouse" to make this a little easier.

Yes! That would certainly be fantastic and very useful...

While I have configurations that are essentially device specific due to unique keys/buttons on that device, there aren't any configurations in my set-up that I would not want to apply to any device of the same type that were connected to my system.
Fortunately, this hasn't been much of an issue, but I'm going to have to replace my keyboard soon so at least I know this trick! Thank you so much for sharing!!!
Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:48 am  •   #11514
JonnyP

Ken wrote:

I feel silly, but I am not able to get that procedure to work. I am actually not sure if I'm doing it right. I've tried several things...

Let me explain my situation a bit. I just got a new keyboard, I have at least one page of programming block sequences triggered by various keys or button combinations. I have duplicated and renamed the entire programming page.

Now... do I select all the building blocks of my other keyboard that I want to replace in the programming window? Or am I supposed to select the blocks that my other keyboard's building blocks connect to?

And my inspector window doesn't have a devices section...
There's the Controller dropdown item in the palette window...

But any attempt to drag building blocks outside the programming window fails, it just tries to move them about within the window.

I feel like I'm missing something that's probably simple!

Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated!
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:54 pm  •   #11527
Ken
Developer

The idea is to select all of the Button/Axis building blocks that respond to controls on a particular device...

Then drag a building block for a new device from the Palette window to the Inspector window.

When the dragged building block is dropped, the selected building blocks will listen to the same controls from the new device.
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
Jump to: