OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Help with XKeys 68 Jog and Shuttle and Premiere Pro CC2017
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Support
Help with XKeys 68 Jog and Shuttle and Premiere Pro CC2017 Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:00 pm  •   #11519
phillyac

Hi Everyone

Sorry is this has been posted before, but I am completely and utterly new to this whole programming thing. I got the XKeys 68 Jog and Shuttle, and need to set it up rather quickly to work in Premier Pro CC2017. I am running on Mac Sierra. I have no issues setting up simple one key command shortcuts from Premiere into the XKeys unit, and even multiple keystroke shortcuts are no problem either, however, I am at a complete LOSS when it comes to programming the Jog and Shuttle wheel.

I need the Outer Wheel to be able to scrub through the Premiere Pro timeline as it would be expected...a small turn of about 5 degrees moves it at a slow speed, and in increments up to the full 15 degrees to make the timeline scrub at a very fast forward and reverse (if the dial is turned to the left) Speed.

I then will need to have the inner dial able to "scrub" frame by frame, through the timeline...the faster I spin the wheel, the faster the scrub, but always in one frame increments.

Does any Premiere Pro users out there have a solution for me? I've seen some examples on here where people post pictures of the "tree-like" set up of blocks, and the jog wheel seems very complex, and honestly...not very intuitive at all. Like I said...I'm NO PROGRAMMER.

If someone has this already figured out, can they please post a picture of their block setup for both the outer wheel and inner wheel? And explain which block is doing what?
I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you very much
Leon
Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:55 pm  •   #11524
phillyac

Wow! No responses? Really? No one is using this for Premiere Pro?? I find that amazing. No one can post their solution?
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:00 pm  •   #11528
Ken
Developer

Does Premier Pro have keyboard shortcuts for scrubbing through its timeline? If so, then there is probably a solution. If scrubbing requires mouse movements, then that would be much more difficult.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Reply Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:50 pm  •   #11531
phillyac

Hi

Yes, PPCC2017 does have keyboard shortcuts for scrubbing and scrolling, however thats not the real issue. The issue is how to interpret that with the Keys program.....I'm not familiar with stacking the blocks in a way that makes the "node tree" type plot that programs the system. I know how to do simple single key commands. I was just wondering if someone has already done the programming for the scroll wheel and scrub control for PPCC2017, and maybe they can post their design...I've seen other people post their work on other posts on here. I mean, come on! I'm sure SOMEONE has done it! LOL!
Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:35 am  •   #11680
divarak

Hello, try this if it´s helps you.

Quote:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!An07DkxgVXKVmQpDzVom7rwkqEGg
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Support
Jump to: