OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Feature request: Cursor output block with x and y input val
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
Feature request: Cursor output block with x and y input val Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:31 am  •   #11543
glennv

I think it has come up in the past , but would be a massive option to dynamicaly set or offset, the target x and y coordinates of the screen cursor output block using 2 inputs .

please ??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:45 pm  •   #11561
Ken
Developer

I'm not quite sure I understand this request. Could you describe a simple scenario where this would be used?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:46 am  •   #11590
glennv

Well probably not for simpel scenarios, but for scenarios where screen positions are not fixed and or screen resolutions are different. Se lets say some logic dynamically generates 2 coordinates x and y. Then you feed that in a cursor block with x and y inputs and move the mouse absolute there or relative to a fixed set coordinates.
Now i go out of CM call some bash code to move the mouse (using mousetools) , feed the result back into CM and continue.

p.s. As a sidenote, is there any limit to the amount of objects in an active CM group ? I am way over 10K objects now in my Davinci Resolve controller and all still good, but just want to know if there is any ceiling i should be worried about.
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:34 am  •   #11603
Ken
Developer

glennv wrote:
Well probably not for simpel scenarios, but for scenarios where screen positions are not fixed and or screen resolutions are different. Se lets say some logic dynamically generates 2 coordinates x and y. Then you feed that in a cursor block with x and y inputs and move the mouse absolute there or relative to a fixed set coordinates.
Now i go out of CM call some bash code to move the mouse (using mousetools) , feed the result back into CM and continue.

It sounds like the virtual tablet might work. That can accept individual X and Y positions that are then mapped to the screen.

glennv wrote:
p.s. As a sidenote, is there any limit to the amount of objects in an active CM group ? I am way over 10K objects now in my Davinci Resolve controller and all still good, but just want to know if there is any ceiling i should be worried about.

There is no hard limit to the number of pages or building blocks. As long as you can find the things you need, you're good to go. The only downside is the sluggishness when clicking on a page or group. I only have about 5000 building blocks total, and those delays are something that annoy me.
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:08 pm  •   #11607
glennv

Tnx, will have a peek at the virtual tablet. Not thought of that before. Did not know it existed Razz and that for such a hardcore controllermate guy as myself. You learn stuff everyday....

Only delay that always gets me if i click by accident on a master group page that contains lots of large sub pages. Can take a minute sometimes and have a beast of a machine. But seems ,thank god, not to affect normal useage speed. Just design speed.
Its still as snappy as with 1 node
Solid programming. Tnx man Very Happy
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
Jump to: