OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Controllermate + Kensington Slimblade Trackball
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
Controllermate + Kensington Slimblade Trackball Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:39 am  •   #8070
hazza

Not having any joy on the support emails, can anyone here help?

Trying to get my Kensington Slimblade Trackball to work with CM. All good so far apart from the fact that CM doesn't show buttons 3 and 4. It lists the device as a Slimblade Trackball Mouse (which is a separate device with only 2 buttons).

Anyone else worked out a way of accessing buttons 3 and 4?

Have a CM Device Scanner file here if it helps.

Many thanks
Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:41 pm  •   #8465
BryanJamesRoss

I don't have anything to help, but I sure would love it if I could get buttons 3 and 4 to work on this thing.

Ken? Any ideas?
Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:40 pm  •   #8466
hazza

Ken sent me a file to get it working, can't remember which one it was, hopefully he will oblige you.
Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:01 am  •   #8468
Ken
Developer

I should have updated this thread earlier. The file that I created for the Kensington Slimblade can be downloaded here.

Please let me know how this works for you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:03 am  •   #8836
monroe

I have a Slimblade which is apparently a slightly earlier version. I was able to use the attached file after changing the HIDDeviceVersion field to 261.
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:36 am  •   #11611
stanwalters

Hi,

Sorry for necro on this thread, but Google brought me here so this might help someone in the same situation. I also have an older Slimblade device (shows as v105) that doesn't quite work with this file. The .cmate file is binary though, so I can't edit it to set the 241 value. Anyone have any suggestions on how to edit this file or if another version of the download file with the v105 value is available?

Thanks,
Stan
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:02 pm  •   #11648
Ken
Developer

stanwalters wrote:
Anyone have any suggestions on how to edit this file or if another version of the download file with the v105 value is available?

The file itself is a binary plist (property list) file. So if you have a plist editor, it should be able to edit it easily.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
Jump to: