OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Controllermate + Kensington Slimblade Trackball
Display posts from previous:         View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
Controllermate + Kensington Slimblade Trackball Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:04 am  •   #11714
JESSEYLEEe



Joined: 13 Nov 2017
Posts: 1

Not having any joy on the support emails, can anyone here help?

Trying to get my Kensington Slimblade Trackball to work with CM. All good so far apart from the fact that CM doesn't show buttons 3 and 4. It lists the device as a Slimblade Trackball Mouse (which is a separate device with only 2 buttons).

Anyone else worked out a way of accessing buttons 3 and 4?

Have a CM Device Scanner file here if it helps.

Many thanks
i have contacted these people bt no help :
HP Contact Number</a><br/>
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Re: Controllermate + Kensington Slimblade Trackball Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:53 am  •   #11916
JonnyP



Joined: 07 Sep 2015
Posts: 49
Location: US Capitol Region

JESSEYLEEe wrote:
Not having any joy on the support emails, can anyone here help?

Trying to get my Kensington Slimblade Trackball to work with CM. All good so far apart from the fact that CM doesn't show buttons 3 and 4. It lists the device as a Slimblade Trackball Mouse (which is a separate device with only 2 buttons).

Anyone else worked out a way of accessing buttons 3 and 4?

Have a CM Device Scanner file here if it helps.

Many thanks
i have contacted these people bt no help :
HP Contact Number</a><br/>



What exactly were you looking for that was not provided in the original thread that you clearly copied your post from? The config file you need is linked there (as well as in the CM device listing online)... There are even instructions to fix the file if the device code doesn't match.
And why would you start a new thread when you clearly found an appropriate thread to continue if you questions weren't sufficiently answered?

And why would you contact HP for help?! The device you mention is by Kensington, your computer and its OS are from Apple... and ControllerMate is independent of all of those!
[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Re: Controllermate + Kensington Slimblade Trackball Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:42 pm  •   #11940
R7



Joined: 07 Jan 2018
Posts: 31
Location: Finland

JonnyP wrote:

And why would you contact HP for help?! The device you mention is by Kensington, your computer and its OS are from Apple... and ControllerMate is independent of all of those!


Those links that have been appearing here lately seem a bit spammy. If you hover over the link, the address definitely doesn't look like anything related to the real Hewlett Packard.
I wouldn't click on these suspicious links.
_________________
ControllerMate for X-Keys, P.I Engineering Matrix Controller Board, Mac Pro 5.1 running Mac OS X 10.10.5
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Re: Controllermate + Kensington Slimblade Trackball Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:59 am  •   #12092
JonnyP



Joined: 07 Sep 2015
Posts: 49
Location: US Capitol Region

R7 wrote:
JonnyP wrote:

And why would you contact HP for help?! The device you mention is by Kensington, your computer and its OS are from Apple... and ControllerMate is independent of all of those!


Those links that have been appearing here lately seem a bit spammy. If you hover over the link, the address definitely doesn't look like anything related to the real Hewlett Packard.
I wouldn't click on these suspicious links.


I'm not quite sure I get your point... Are you suggesting that whomever started this thread is spamming? You're definitely right about the link to HP help! The thread starter added that last line himself after copying the open post of another thread verbatum. The links and answers in that thread are fine.
I have no doubt that the original post was spam or auto-generated (although I'm not sure of the intention... if it's to solicit clicks to that link it really SUCKS and clearly failed!).

I was just given a slimblade so I was searching for the files to get it working in CM; I guess I was just bored and was trying to point out the spamminess here in a more entertaining way.

Smile
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Copyright © 2005 — 2012 OrderedBytes
All rights reserved.