OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Controllermate with Maschine MK2 and Pro Tools 12
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Support
Controllermate with Maschine MK2 and Pro Tools 12 Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:36 am  •   #12832
Baldix

Hi everyone,
I’ve purchased Controllermate about 1 year ago and I’m starting to use it right now...

Following this videotutorial step by step

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2015/1/26/control-pro-tools-plug-ins-with-a-midi-controller-controller.html

I can’t use Maschine MK2 properly like the Novation deos:

When I move one knob, set to “Relative Offset” instead “relative” (i have these to options in Native Instruments Controller Editor, and I’ve tried both options), mouse pointer always move to a position that’s different from the parameter I choose, and I can’t do anything that Controllermate seems to promise to do.

I don’t know where I’m wrong, someone can help me, please?

Thanks a lot!
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:31 am  •   #12833
Baldix

UPDATE

Now, qwhen moving the assigned knob, it goes automatically to the desire position (where sits the delay time virtual knob), but it can select only 2 values, e.g. 1 and 100, I can’t select every value from 0 to 127 like a knob usually does.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:08 pm  •   #12887
dabo

Can you post a screen shot of your building block configuration for one knob?
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:53 am  •   #13025
Baldix

I’ll post soon a screenshot, thank you.

At the moment I’ve reached this situation:

All encoders and buttons are working, set to the desired virtual onscreen control (eq parameters, delays...).

I still have 2 issues:

1- commands are working only in “full screen mode”, if I zoom in pressing e.g. ctrl + zooming in with two fingers up on the trackpad, to read bigger, commands can’t find the right position of virtual controllers.
Is there a trick to fix it?

2- how can I speed up encoders’ movement? It’s too slow at the moment.

2...bis: if a controller can’t be recognized by a software, is it possible to assign it via midi? Example, Tascam US-2400...seem to be too old for today’s OS, maybe via midi assignement i can use it again, faders too?

Thank you!
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:58 am  •   #13170
Baldix

Some good news.
Thanks to an american studio blog, I fixed the encoders’ speed. Now it’s exactely how i want ii to be.

Another issue is on my mind:

Completely mapped about 20 plugins’ parameters of an eq to Maschine’s 8 encoders, divided in 3 pages.

First page: lpf and hpf filters, db/octave, output gain
Second page: frequency, gain and Q of lows and low mids
Third page: high mids and highs’parameters.

Everything is ok, I’ll have to learn and remember positions, but its better now.

The issue is:
When I start mapping another plugin, example a compressor, and I map e.g. a parameter on first knob in Page 1 (already mapped for the eq), when i come back to eq that knob take to parameters at the same time instead of one.

Where I’m wrong?
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Support
Jump to: