OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Behringer XTouch Mini
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> MIDI
Behringer XTouch Mini Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:38 am  •   #10976
Petros Nousias

I'm trying to map a Behringer Touch Mini in order to use it with Davinci Resolve. I'm running Sierra 12.2 on a desktop mackintosh(Asus X99-a II) and a MacBook Pro. Both seem to exhibit the same issues.

So far I'm doing 2 simple functions:

A rotary knob triggers either of 2 value selectors depending on direction(touch outputs 1,2,3 for clockwise, 125,126,127 for anticlockwise) which in turn place the cursor over a tab and then trigger the scroll wheel accordingly.

I'm guessing that the 3 different values(1,2,3 or 125,126,127) have to do with speed. Problem is that if I turn the knob slowly the value stays at 1 (or 127) and therefore doesn't trigger the event. How can I work around that?

The other, more serious problem, is when I'm using buttons to do a simple go to position, then single click. I've mapped 4 buttons and sometimes they work, sometimes they don't in a very random fashion. I do quit controller mate beforehand, so it's not that, plus it's not so much that it doesn't press the button, as that sometimes the cursor will go to the correct screen position, sometimes it won't move at all, some it will go to the position mapped to a different button, as if there is some conflict with the button's addresses.

Talking about conflicts, sometimes if I turn on the desktop and both the keyboard(apple wired aluminium) and xtouch are connected, keyboard doesn't work and I need to unplug it and replug it, which sometimes does the trick, others not and I have to change ports. This happens after fully logging in, up until the password screen both work fine.

One last very noobie question, how do I turn on HTML? I want to include a screenshot of my controller mate tree but can't.
BUMP Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:26 am  •   #13734
robodean

Did you get any private responses?
I want to do something very similar with this:

https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid-synths/beatstep/overview
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:44 am  •   #13735
glennv

@robodean.
No need to reinvent the wheel. 3 years worth of development resulted in this based on core controllermate plus custom scripting and code to extend way beyond controllermate for additional features.
https://posttools.tachyon-consulting.com/davinci-resolve-controllers/beatstep-resolve-edition/
Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:57 am  •   #13737
robodean

glennv wrote:
@robodean.
No need to reinvent the wheel. 3 years worth of development resulted in this based on core controllermate plus custom scripting and code to extend way beyond controllermate for additional features.
https://posttools.tachyon-consulting.com/davinci-resolve-controllers/beatstep-resolve-edition/

This would be cool indeed if the script didn't cost MORE than the controller and Resolve itself!! 304.73 CAD / 231.32 USD. The actual controller is 100$. A full mini controller from Blackmagic is not even 300$. This is....madness?

Many thanks for the link. But the price point feels....absurd.
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:47 am  •   #13738
glennv

If you look a bit further you will see it is actualy insanely cheap.
It has almost all the features of the 30000usd controller from resolve plus some unique stuff even the BM one has not.
The cheapest controller that bm has is 1000 usd and has way less features . Not even close.
The cheapest classic controller you can get for Resolve besides mine costs 350+ dollars (tangent ripple ) and controls 6 functions (instead of mine over a thousand).

But feel free to either get anything cheaper if you find it or program one yourselve ( mine has about 15000 controllermate objects, plus about 750mb of linux code, so you may need to reserve some time) . If you are able to build that and sell it for less then 200 euros and stay alive be my guest.
The only reason i actualy sell this which i originaly build for myself is for the amazing feedback i get from all over the world from colorists, cinematographers etc who use this and my other controller and are shocked by its features . If i did not have a normal dayjob i would not even bother. I prefer selling it to people who actualy appreciate the insane efford i put in it to get to this point.

Anyway, that is my point of view but everything is relative and you are completely free to your diffrent opinion.
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> MIDI
Jump to: