OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Use 1 programming page for 2 controllers (Razer Orbweaver)
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Support
Use 1 programming page for 2 controllers (Razer Orbweaver) Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:55 am  •   #11882
dyb

The Razer Orbweaver Chroma shows up as 2 different inputs.
Sometimes the #1 works and sometimes #2.

Is it possible to program only one page and use it for both inputs?
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:43 am  •   #11884
R7

If they only exclusively only work one at a time, you should be safe making a clone of the existing programming and changing the triggering source to be the other keyboard.
But if there's a chance of them working simultaneously, then it would possibly result into the same actions being triggered twice simultaneously.
Do you have any idea of what circumstances cause either #1 or #2 to work?

If you use a mouse to drag and select building blocks, or option+click to pick individuals, you can then cmd+c and cmd+v to copy and paste them onto other pages. From that, you should be able to create duplicates without having to redo the whole thing from scratch but by doing the little edits that differentiate keyboard #1 from #2. Holding alt while clicking and dragging a block will also generate a clone of it.
The problem is that sometimes #1 works and sometimes it's #2. Can you tell if they ever work simultaneously, or is it exclusively always only one or the other? And when you find the other one not working, does it mean that the keyboard doesn't seem to work at all, because you don't have any programming for the other one in question?

I just started with ControllerMate and I'm not anywhere near fluent myself yet; However I think, with the logic blocks available, it should theoretically also be possible to construct blocks where the logic follows along the lines of:

IF (button #1 on keyboard 1) OR (button #1 on keyboard 2) is pressed, THEN (do the action).
AND:
IF (button #1 on any keyboard) has just been triggered, THEN DO NOT allow further key presses from (button #1 from any keyboard) for a while.

Maybe someone more experienced than myself can clarify better, unless you feel like digging into the documentation to find an example close enough to the idea above. 'Or' logic would be a much better choice because if you have duplicate programming, it means that you have to maintain them both whenever you change something, and, it is a clumsy thing. I'd probably only do that as a quick temporary fix if it's urgent to have, while exploring how to do the 'or' logic to replace it later.
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:14 pm  •   #11885
dyb

I wanted to know if there's a smarter way than simple copy/pasting pages and changing the inputs. It will be hard to maintain...

I guess "or" logic would be a good option if there's no better way.
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 pm  •   #11886
dabo

Use a logical Or block and use the two keyboard triggers as inputs.
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:18 pm  •   #11888
R7

dyb wrote:

I guess "or" logic would be a good option if there's no better way.

Yeah I think "or" logic is the best way although I can't yet demonstrate how exactly it's done in ControllerMate.
The best, unless you can trace the very origin of why two keyboards appear in the first place, and can disable the other one completely. I'm not familiar with the device you have so I don't know how much documentation and talk there is on it online, especially forum posts, had someone else faced the same problem and got rid of the duplicate. The topic might have come up even if it's not related to ControllerMate.
Re: Use 1 programming page for 2 controllers (Razer Orbweave Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:18 am  •   #11968
DavidMac

I have exactly the same problem with the Razer Tartarus. It is not listed as supported but CM does find it and re-program it (except a couple of functions) without problem. However it turns up twice exactly as in your case.

I have simply created different programming pages dedicated to each. Whatever causes this doubling and apparently random selection of one or the other I have no idea. However what I can say is that I have never seen both active at the same time so doubling of output does not seem to be an issue.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:29 am  •   #13929
DavidMac

All has worked fine with two separate programming pages for the two occurrences of the Razer Tartarus but now suddenly a THIRD instance of the keyboard is appearing. No idea what is going on here. A restart will often make the third disappear.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Support
Jump to: