OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
High Sierra startup
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Support
High Sierra startup Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:40 pm  •   #12089
egroys

It seems that on the latest Controllermate 4.10.6 with OS 10.13.4, my drivers don't behave correctly until I actually start the controllermate app and close it.

Very inconvenient after every startup.

Is there a fix for this? Other than a script to open and close the app...
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:54 am  •   #13845
Chris D

Happens here on Sierra too....Annoying.
Re: High Sierra startup Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:00 am  •   #13849
Ken
Developer

egroys wrote:
It seems that on the latest Controllermate 4.10.6 with OS 10.13.4, my drivers don't behave correctly until I actually start the controllermate app and close it.

This sounds similar to other comments that I have received, but haven't been able to reproduce or find a explanation for.

It might be helpful if you could create a ControllerMate Profile shortly after this happens again. A profile can be generated by running the Help > ControllerMate Profile command in ControllerMate, and then use the button at the bottom of the profile window to save the results to a file.

If you send that file to me, I will take a look to see if there are any items in the logs that may be helpful.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Re: High Sierra startup Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:40 am  •   #13918
egroys

Ken wrote:
egroys wrote:

This sounds similar to other comments that I have received, but haven't been able to reproduce or find a explanation for.

It might be helpful if you could create a ControllerMate Profile shortly after this happens again. A profile can be generated by running the Help > ControllerMate Profile command in ControllerMate, and then use the button at the bottom of the profile window to save the results to a file.

If you send that file to me, I will take a look to see if there are any items in the logs that may be helpful.

Thank you, Ken. I just emailed you my profile.
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:44 pm  •   #13946
Ken
Developer

ControllerMate v4.11.1 has a fix that might be the root cause of this sort of problem.

The problem was that *some* of ControllerMate's programming would become inactive exactly 20 minutes after the helper starting running, typically this is after a reboot or logging in.

The cause was that ControllerMate's driver is not loaded as early in the boot process as it was previously. In recent versions of macOS, non-Apple drivers now need express approval from the user before they will run. When rebooting, it apparently takes some time to determine which drivers have already been given approval. As a result, ControllerMate's helper actually begins running before the driver is loaded and the programming doesn't have a chance to setup properly. Launching and quitting ControllerMate would reset the helper such that everything worked correctly from that point forward.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:59 pm  •   #13951
egroys

You rock, Ken!

Thank you for making and supporting this fantastic software!

Ken wrote:
ControllerMate v4.11.1 has a fix that might be the root cause of this sort of problem.

The problem was that *some* of ControllerMate's programming would become inactive exactly 20 minutes after the helper starting running, typically this is after a reboot or logging in.

The cause was that ControllerMate's driver is not loaded as early in the boot process as it was previously. In recent versions of macOS, non-Apple drivers now need express approval from the user before they will run. When rebooting, it apparently takes some time to determine which drivers have already been given approval. As a result, ControllerMate's helper actually begins running before the driver is loaded and the programming doesn't have a chance to setup properly. Launching and quitting ControllerMate would reset the helper such that everything worked correctly from that point forward.
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Support
Jump to: