OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
combine relative an absolute cursor movement?
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
combine relative an absolute cursor movement? Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:58 am  •   #13959
Johannes

I could not find a solution for the following problem:

I need to move the cursor to 50px from the left screen (absolut) but keep the vertical position of the cursor (relative). Basically I want to click on the track header of the track where the cursor is hovering in my recording software.

I tried using two relativ movements (3000px left, 50 px right), but that led to strange results (placing the cursor somewhere top left. Absolut movement seems to insist on both coordinates.

Is this possible to achieve? Any ideas how to solve my probem?

Thanks in advance. And thanks for this great piece of software Smile
Johannes
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:55 am  •   #13960
glennv

At first read i though you where mistaken as i do remember in the past i did something similar. E.g. move offscreen left and then move a fixed amount of pixel right on screen. Specialy with multiscreen stuff to make sure i was a a specific screen. But just tested and no matter where you move offscreen (l/r/t/b), moving from there anywhere with a second relative moves the cursor to top left of screen somewhere as you mentioned.
(ps you always need to include a small delay inbetween cursor moves post osx 10.11)
Now behavior post osx 10.11 of mouse, cursor etc have drastically been limited by the OS and controllermate driver had to be adapted with Sierra to work at all. So i guess this is one of the things left that somehow can not be controlled properly.

To come back to your problem, within controllermate i cant think of a solution. You can use/trigger external tools via an applescript object to calculate mouse position and then a new position replacing the x coordinate and move to it. I use MouseTools (wrapped in a bash script to do the calculation with the results etc) to do all this sort of stuff which you may have a look at.
http://www.hamsoftengineering.com/codeSharing/MouseTools/MouseTools.html
Not as easy as your method which should but unfortunately does not work.
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:37 am  •   #13961
glennv

I created a quick example for you that works using a call to the MouseTools utility determining the current y-position and sending the output to a Virtual tablet (which you can create via rightclick) target Y-position while having a fixed defined (constant object) x position. You can add mouseclicks etc yourself. The trigger in the example is pressing the A key but can be anything of course.
In properties of delay block set it to allow delay to continue.

Example
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:09 pm  •   #13964
Johannes

Thanks, Glenn. Seems to work in a short test. I will start including it in my programming pages in the next days.

And thanks for the delay tip. But I have not noticed issues with cursor movements and clicks on Sierra yet.

Thanks again.
Johannes
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:07 am  •   #13965
glennv

Your welcome.
Have fun
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
Jump to: