OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
MIDI from CM to Logic pro and makeymakey
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> MIDI
MIDI from CM to Logic pro and makeymakey Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:30 am  •   #8316
benjisbubble

hi i am trying to connect controllermate to logic but i am finding the midi output is not being heard by logic though in the environment window of logic i see contollermate is showing up as a current part of my midi setup
at first i had hooked up a makey makey which shows up in CM as a leonardo arduino mouse and assigned *key press A and a* leonardo building block and then added a midi note out block so then when i completed the circuit on my makeymakey the blocks in CM switched from OFF to ON whilst i was completing the physical circuit with a button on a breadboard, the input from makeymakey was received byCM
in logic however the note on message was not being received but then 1 second later it would receive the note off message
looking at the noteout block in CM i saw its max duration was one second so i changed it to two seconds and the same ting happened but the noteoff came two seconds later in stead of one
this is driving me crazy i have registered the software and it behaves the same

i thought if i remove the leonardo from the picture and just tried to make some midi stuff happen that i might come back to it seeing the obvious setting that was wrong
so i made a PS3 oriented MIDI controller mapping all the buttons to notes and groups of notes so i had a midi chord trigger which worked fine but when running the same program today it doesnt work anymore like the leonardo board it shows up as an input in CM when X is pressed but not in Logic untill note off message one second later where is my note on
help
Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:23 pm  •   #8317
Ken
Developer

Have you tried any other MIDI software, such as MIDI Monitor, to determine if it is receiving the NoteOn messages?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> MIDI
Jump to: