OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
4.7 no response from virtual mouse
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
4.7 no response from virtual mouse Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:14 pm  •   #8576
Twitchy

Hi Ken,

Just installed the update, and the virtual mouse buttons don't seem to be working at all. I tried relinking them, but no love.

Everything else about my old CM file still seems to work. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance...

Twitchy
Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:14 am  •   #8587
Ken
Developer

Are you seeing this when the ControllerMate application is running, or after quitting and letting the background helper perform the programming.

The ControllerMate application no longer generates left and right mouse up/down actions -- including those on a virtual mouse. Those tasks are performed by the background helper after the ControllerMate application quits. The behavior of the helper should be identical to previous versions.

This change was made to avoid an occasional lockup that could occur in ControllerMate when actual mouse buttons were used to trigger virtual mouse buttons.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
also having problems with virtual mouse Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:07 pm  •   #8601
b1daly

I run a left mouse button down/up from an XKeys footswitch. I am having a problem where it just stops working. I can't figure out what brings it back, I usually try logging in and out of the account, reboot computer, open CM-turn off helper-quit-open CM-turn helper on-quite, after doing these type of things for a while I get the mouse back.

The behavior is related to having a mouse down and up event set on the output properties...having it just set to make a single left click always works.

Also, sometimes it comes back, but has the behavior of the object position only updating after I let go of the mouse if I am trying to click-drag something.
Re: also having problems with virtual mouse Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:51 pm  •   #8605
Ken
Developer

b1daly wrote:
I run a left mouse button down/up from an XKeys footswitch. I am having a problem where it just stops working. I can't figure out what brings it back, I usually try logging in and out of the account, reboot computer, open CM-turn off helper-quit-open CM-turn helper on-quite, after doing these type of things for a while I get the mouse back.

Are you using ControllerMate or ControllerMate for X-keys?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:22 am  •   #8623
contactzero

Ken wrote:
Are you seeing this when the ControllerMate application is running, or after quitting and letting the background helper perform the programming.

The ControllerMate application no longer generates left and right mouse up/down actions -- including those on a virtual mouse. Those tasks are performed by the background helper after the ControllerMate application quits. The behavior of the helper should be identical to previous versions.

This change was made to avoid an occasional lockup that could occur in ControllerMate when actual mouse buttons were used to trigger virtual mouse buttons.

So, I quit the CM application, leaving the CM helper running in the background and my virtual mouse button works again!

Thanks Ken, make this a prominent note (sticky) for others. It's not so obvious when updating to CMv4.7.

Thanks

(now back to mine crafting)
Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:45 pm  •   #8633
Ken
Developer

contactzero wrote:
So, I quit the CM application, leaving the CM helper running in the background and my virtual mouse button works again!

Thanks Ken, make this a prominent note (sticky) for others. It's not so obvious when updating to CMv4.7.

With each release, it seems there is something that generates most of the questions. For CMv4.7, this is it Smile
Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:05 pm  •   #9148
n00neimp0rtant

I think this should be addressed more transparently. I couldn't understand for the life of me why my wheel click mapping completely stopped working after updating to v4.7 until I saw this thread; now I understand that it only "doesn't work" when ControllerMate is actually running. It's not so bad now that I know, but I still would much prefer if the mappings worked the exact same way whether or not ControllerMate is running. I see that you implemented this feature as a safety mechanism to prevent lockups, but I've never experienced this issue, and the fix is causing more problems than it resolved for me. I'm not suggesting that you revert the fix, but maybe change it to a "Safety Mode" or something in the preferences.
Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:08 am  •   #9150
Ken
Developer

n00neimp0rtant wrote:
I think this should be addressed more transparently. I couldn't understand for the life of me why my wheel click mapping completely stopped working after updating to v4.7 until I saw this thread; now I understand that it only "doesn't work" when ControllerMate is actually running. It's not so bad now that I know, but I still would much prefer if the mappings worked the exact same way whether or not ControllerMate is running. I see that you implemented this feature as a safety mechanism to prevent lockups, but I've never experienced this issue, and the fix is causing more problems than it resolved for me. I'm not suggesting that you revert the fix, but maybe change it to a "Safety Mode" or something in the preferences.

It is my goal to fix this in a way that makes the function of the ControllerMate and the helper identical. It's a bit complicated, so this was the least bad option for an intermediate solution.
figured out my problem with mouse click and drag Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:29 pm  •   #9304
b1daly

I use a Wacom graphics tablet, and up to Mac OS X 10.6 I was always able to click with any mouse and drag with the cursor from graphics tablet. Since I almost exclusively use an X-Keys footpedal with Controllermate for mouse clicks, I thought the problem was with Controllermate.

It's not, same behavior with any mouse click and drag trying to use graphics tablet independently from the click and hold.

Problem must be with Wacom driver.
Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:18 am  •   #9561
Ken
Developer

When you indicate that you "get the mouse back", does that mean that Driver Configuration settings resume (such as a custom acceleration curve), or do building blocks resume responding?
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> ControllerMate Discussion
Jump to: