OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Cotnrollermate's driver is not being used... for generic
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Support
Cotnrollermate's driver is not being used... for generic Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:55 pm  •   #13604
admiralbumblebee

I have a fairly plain USB keyboard that I wish to remap, however I need to access the driver configuration to disable keys passing through.

However I get this message:

Is there anything I can do in this scenario? My goal is to do something like remap the '1' key to 'F1', but without the '1' key passing through.

I am using 10.13.6 and the latest Controllermate as of this post.
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:46 pm  •   #13605
admiralbumblebee

So, some more information:

If I unplug and replug my keyboard then Controllermate can take it over.

If I restart at all, then Controllermate seems to lose control of the device. Blocks can still read it but controller configurations no longer work.

Anything I can do about this?
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:55 pm  •   #13607
Ken
Developer

admiralbumblebee wrote:

If I restart at all, then Controllermate seems to lose control of the device. Blocks can still read it but controller configurations no longer work.

That sounds like a driver priority issue. There can be different priorities during system startup than after the OS is completely running.

Do you have any other non-Apple drivers besides ControllerMate installed for the keyboard?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:31 am  •   #13609
admiralbumblebee

Ken wrote:
admiralbumblebee wrote:

That sounds like a driver priority issue. There can be different priorities during system startup than after the OS is completely running.

Do you have any other non-Apple drivers besides ControllerMate installed for the keyboard?

No I do not. The only peripheral driver on my system is for a Steelseries Sensei 310 mouse and a thunderbolt audio device.
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:32 am  •   #13610
admiralbumblebee

Ken wrote:
admiralbumblebee wrote:

Also, I'm willing to screw around with my system in ungodly ways if there's anything I can do to help fix or diagnose this issue further.
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:57 pm  •   #13644
admiralbumblebee

Any ideas?
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:23 pm  •   #13652
Ken
Developer

While the Driver Configuration is not active with the keyboard attached, can you create a ControllerMate Profile of your setup? That should reveal the drivers that are controlling the keyboard at that moment.

A profile can be generated by running the Help > ControllerMate Profile command in ControllerMate, and then use the button at the bottom of the profile window to save the results to a file.

Also, what is the make and model of that USB keyboard?

If you send that file to me (and reference this thread), I'll take a look at which drivers are active for the keyboard.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:49 am  •   #13654
admiralbumblebee

Ken wrote:
While the Driver Configuration is not active with the keyboard attached, can you create a ControllerMate Profile of your setup? That should reveal the drivers that are controlling the keyboard at that moment.

A profile can be generated by running the Help > ControllerMate Profile command in ControllerMate, and then use the button at the bottom of the profile window to save the results to a file.

Also, what is the make and model of that USB keyboard?

If you send that file to me (and reference this thread), I'll take a look at which drivers are active for the keyboard.

Done. Thank you
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Support
Jump to: